Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Food Court 25/10 - 06

Today I had dinner at my local food court in Xujiahui.
They don't speak english so it is a lot of pointing for me. After a couple of misunderstandings I figured out that you have to go to a register first to buy a debit card. You put the amount of money on the card you reckon you are going to spend and when you are done spending you'll go back to the same register to get leftover money back.
The different small shops have fixed prices on what you buy so the woman who served me looked at me like I was a complete loco when I said no more food on my plate (knowing how much I could eat) because she knew that I had already paid for more than what she was giving me. ( Fun..how she should have been happy for earning extra money instead..)

No comments: