Monday, October 30, 2006

29/10 - 06

Going to the supermarket here i quite an experience... so many products, 99% in chinese and out of the food products I can probably guess the content of about 2%...
But hi I got water, soda, carrots, bread, shampoo and things like that. They laber here is so low that they can afford to have about 50 employees too many. That means that next to every single one of the shelves you have someone standing doing absolutely nothing waiting for a wierd costumer like me they can help.. funny how they have realized we can't talk.. so they just keep on daydreaming.

The evening I spent at Marty's. He was teaching us 42below cocktails. Next saturday we have a promotion party where I will be mixing these nice cocktails all night.
One of the other bartenders Jake and I went for a snack before we went home. We ended up at this typical chinese place where we ordered 4 different big dishes for 100 rmb which is expensive here but compared to DK it is still very cheap. It is redicules how much waste food you get when you just order away cause you wwanna try different things.
I eat lunch with the company everyday and fortunately they know how much we'll be able to eat so we will still order many different things but we will hardly waste anything.
I love here how you share everything... just pick what you like from the bowls with your chop sticks and start eating.. :o)

No comments: