Monday, October 30, 2006

27/10 - 06

Today I had arranged a meeting with Peppes pizza.
It is a big Norwegian brand which has just recently opened their two first stores in China.
The meeting went very well. Phil and I spoke to Ørjan from Peppes pizza who is a very nice norwegian man. And we got to taste the pizzas before we left. We presented our approach and some of our ideas and from now the next step is for me to finish a proposal Ørjan can look at to consider if we can enter some form of coorporation.

I took a long walk to get back home that afternoon.
One of the first days here I was in a huge shopping mall where I saw loads of interesting, trendy VERY typical Chinese brands like... dyrberg & kern, vero moda, only and Bang & olufson...
this afternoon I found bo concept. Wierd to walk in to a store for a danish brand without finding a single person able to speak danish... or at least english...

A few days earlier I had called the Danish ambasy here in Shanghai to see if I could get a hold on some dane.. I reached Christina who brought me along for a wonderful evening with about ten danes. We went to the JW Mariott hotel for martini night where you get free martinis 2 hours for 100rmb/70dkkr/12dollars.
We went on to all the other high profile places in Shanghai. We ate at a rooftop restaurant called height and than we went to a really posh place called the glamour bar where you off course can get 42below in the bar.

No comments: