Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Finally Shanghai..... Wednesday 18 oct - thursday 19 oct

Shanghai rules..

Wed 18/10
I arrived Shanghai yesterday in the afternoon and went on the maglev which is a train on air that runs with no less than 431 k/h
which is pretty damn fast..
From the station I found a taxa which took me to ConfuciusSays's nice office space in the middle of Shanghai.
Here I was welcomed by 4 really cool persons: Phil, Ben, Marty and Kello.
I checked in to a very nice hostel not far from the office.
In the evening I went out for dinner with Phil and his wife Betina.
It is an experience taking a taxa when you don't speak the language so I carry the addresses for where I'm going on a piece of paper..
Atleast I know I live close to the ming tian quang chang tower... Hope that was spelled right. xie xie means thanks so I have learned a littled by now.
The guys have really made me fell welcome here which is so cool.
It felt crazy walking home from the restaurant last night with halfway no clue if the direction was right, couldn't speak the language and I kept thinking here only lives 20 million people... :o)

Thurs 19/10
Today I came in late to the office after trying to get rid of my small jetlag which really hasn't been bad at all.
It took a while before I was connected to the internet but now when that works I find myself behind my own disk with my laptop ready to contribute!
kong pao chicken (or how you spell it) is a really good dish here. Couldn't resist going to MC.D today. Tasted like in DK.
In the evening we went to a nice bar to talk to the manager about carrying 42 Below.
42 below is a very nice vodka brand I will get a good chance to really taste saturday when Ben is having his birthday party.
Here I work for ConfuciusSays (www.confuciussays.cc) They are helping 42 below (42below.com) becoming a big on the chinese market.
I have a real exciting time ahead of me.

No comments: