Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry XMAS Everybody.

Finally.... On the way home in the plane from Shanghai dec 21 I wrote this. And Now after having spent Xmas with my wonderful family I have finally been able to find time to post it.

It is nice to be back I have been partying with my friends...god it is good to see them again :o)

So here is the update from my last days in shanghai

21/12
Had lunch at Kraze off course.
Bought some dvd's
Repacked my things with the vodka I received from the guys the night before.
Bruce picked me up on time. Gave him a good tip for being my personal driver some of the time while I have been here.
Off course I had to much weight with me. But i didn't expect it to be 8.2 kilos to much.. I did use a scale before I left Xujiahui. I packed my things so I had the chance to reduce the weight by putting on some more clothes. But the airline company let me through without paying telling me to pack less things next time.


20/12
Last day in Shanghai.
Went to Peppes pizza with Alessio and Denise before meeting Alex. We all went to the Shanghai acrobats. Pretty amazing what they could do. however to many of the stunts I had already seen at the Era show with my family.
We arrived the wrong place at first and got some ticket for free for a show we thought was the acrobats. It turned out to be a ballet show. So we ran down to get a taxi to get to the right place.
We ended the evening at logo bar where I met with Anita, sebastian, Phil, Ben and Mark.
When I got home I was just in time to follow the live updates of Bakken Bears game vs Randers loosers. For the first time in history we actually lost the game but since we were playing best of two we won anyway... now heading for the final game.. :o)



19/12
I met Roderick in the morning. We went to a bird marked. So many birds in small cages. On the way back we went to aqua bar. It is a rooftop bar with a really outstanding view over Kowloon.
I arrived Shanghai in the evening and stated packing my things for my trip back to DK two days later.


18/12
Today i went to get a visa so I would be sure that I could reenter China. I was at the office at 08 in the morning thinking it would take a while (it did in DK) well it took me less than one minute.
After that I too the bus to stanley marked. Boring marked but cool area next to the beach. The sun was shining so I took a little power-nap in the sunshine on the beach.
After that I went with the bus to Aberdeen. both places are located on the other site of the mountains in the middle of HK island. Aberdeen is a very nice city with a cool local flavor to it.
I went back to HK where i met up with Roderick. We went to the Icebar. Jeps a bar made of ice. You get a mother fucking big jacket on and get to sit on an ice chair enjoying your straight vodka.
After that we went to a really long escalator. 800 meters long. It takes about 17 minutes to ride it to the top. I had hope that it would be just one escalator but since there are roads crossing on the way it is divided into smaller pieces so you can get of. But pretty damn cool to be able to ride an escalator all the way up the mountain.


17/12
After only 5 hours of sleep I was supposed to meet the local jeffery from the night before and Joe to go sightseeing. Non of them showed so I went to Joe's hotel and woke him up.
We went to the peak which is a really good view point on HK island where you can see the whole city.
Off course we crossed a couple of red lights like in shanghai until a police man stopped me telling me that the fine for jay walking is 1500 HK dollars/ about 1200 danish kroner. We got of with a warning.
After saying goodbye to Joe I went to the night marked. Not impressive since I already been to all the major ones in Shanghai and Beijing.
After that I went to the harbor to see a light show. Basically they play some music while you see lights flashing on all the buildings on HK island. Would have been fantastic if it wasn't for all the lights on most of the buildings already lighting up the whole damn city.
On the way home I went to Hard Rock cafe to eat and add a new glass to my collection I have been to more than 30% of all the Hard Rock cafes in the world. They have about 120.


16/12
Today I had lunch with with my flat-mates at Latina and after lunch I picked up a couple of presents before heading to the airport.
2,45 hours later I arrived Hong Kong. One hour later than I expected. I met a nice Dutch guy in the airport called Roderick. He showed me where to find the train for Kowloon which is in Hong kong on the main island. To get to Hong kong Island you can either take the train underground or the famous star ferry. The star ferry is only 1,7 hong kong dollars. Times 0.8 and you have the danish currency.. so really cheap. In Hong Kong most of the people speak english. Very nice to finally be able to talk to people again..haha
When I arrived Kowloon station and found a taxi I was actually amazed to see that also the taxi drivers he know the english language...
I had booked a hostel online 15 minutes before leaving for the airport in shanghai but fortunately I learned that it was located in the Chung king mansion right in the middle of Kowloons most famous rood, Nathan rd. When I arrived a guy knocked on the taxi window and I just ignored him knowing that he probably wanted to sell me something or offer me a hostel.
When I got out of the taxi however he said; finally you made it... What do you mean finally I asked. You have booked right? Yes. Ok come with me. The strange thing was that I arrived an hour later than what I had said when reserving my room. He took me to another hostel than the one I ordered and when I asked him about it he just replied that he had many hostels. when we arrived he asked me to give him 600 cash for the hostel. But on the internet it said I could pay with credit card and on top of that the price he suggested was more than what they had promised me online. So I asked him to take me to the other hostel. It turned out that the to hostels had nothing to do with each other and that he was just trying to steal my business.
After finding the right place I went out for food. At 01.15 on the way back I run into Joe from San Fran who was cruisin' the town for the night. We end up going to a local bar playing dices, fussball and dart bonding with the locals until 7 in the morning.


15/12
KiwiXmas.
We created a KiwiXmas party with the guys from Vision Magasin. Kiwi magazine is one of Chinas bigger magazines. They run some really beautiful pictures and in every issue they have a feature on a new country. They have done a piece on New Zealand recently.
We created a nice hot atmosphere with a fake beach, local Tikis and lots of NZ pictures to get people in the right mood. Here they enjoyed loads of wonderful cocktails made from our local kiwi bartenders. The party was in a cool rooftop art gallery and outside we had the local Chinese BBQ guy providing us hot meat-sticks all night.
I used the whole day on getting the location ready for the party. We had found a very nice picture of a typical Kiwi flower and enlarged it so the whole picture fit 72 A4 pages. It took me quit a while to pt all the pages on the wall in the right order.

No comments: